Wednesday, February 25

Naughty Naughty Language :>

"Hey Brenda, your make-up sucks! Go to the toilet and fix that face, yo!"

What if you were Brenda and some guy named Jake said this to you. You'd feel offended probably. I'd feel offended and angry!!! X-( Almost every word that came out of Jake's mouth sounded so unappealing. I would appreciate his honesty, I really would, but it just gets me so angry. Who can save me now?

tun-tun-nu-nuuun!!! Euphemisms! 8D yey!

Jake made terrible mistakes on what he said. We should totally use euphemisms to fix his statement. Euphemism is the substitution of words to better sounding ones (so the other person won't get offended), but still maintain the same meaning.
ex:
Toilet--> Washroom
He's dead ---> he bought the farm
cemetery operative ---> gravedigger
Lord Voldemort ---> he-who-must-not-be-named

so yes, let us fix Jake's statement...

"Hey Brenda, your make-up sucks! Go to the toilet and fix that face, yo!"

to

"Hey Brenda, I think your make-up needs a little more pizazz! Why don't you go to the washroom and check up on it, yo?"

yey! We just saved Jake's relationship! 8D

Rock & Roll \,,/


No comments:

Post a Comment