Sunday, February 8

Small Group Communication

Still about things related to the HMC’s leadership camp :

Upon arrival, we were divided into groups. Each group randomly consists of 8 to 9 individuals. With such ‘luck’, I was again randomly selected as the group leader.
As a group leader, I was more of playing the roles of and Initiator and Contributor. Basically, my main roles was to get briefed for tasks given ahead and initiate cheers for ourselves whenever time suits.
The rest of my group, had members with few types of characteristics of a group member. For my group, I had Opinion Givers, Supporters/Encouragers, Gatekeepers, Tension Relievers. In summary, my team had it all to be a perfect team.
From the varies of activities in this 3 days, our group BONDED together. Even though we started off mainly as strangers to each other, each and everyone of us portrayed their own roles in being a group member.
And of course, with suitable and sufficient of roles in the group, our group managed to finish each raced activities among the top 3 out of 8 groups. We had consistency, teamwork, being organized and systematic, cheerful and high-spirited and most of all, each of us went home with a lesson well learnt.
In my personal opinion, a group is only as strong as its weakest link, and ONLY through communication and the need to perform each roles and duties are we only to be able to see the RESULTS of a group effort. To me, the best way to communicate in a group is by applying the ALL-CHANNEL NETWORK and at appropriate time using the WHEEL NETWORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment