Monday, March 2

Identity Management (Part 2)

Hmm, after some consideration, I think I am going to continue about the different identities I have.
The fourth identity that I portray is when I am with my team mates or juniors in my sport, water polo. In this social circle of mine, as a senior, I uphold a certain degree of reputation, hence, I am treated with quite a lot of respect from the juniors especially. I am more relaxed and more of myself when I am in this circle.
The fifth one, and still counting, I am the coach for Negeri Sembilan water polo team. Well, the word coach really says it all, but in general, most people would see it that a coach would more likely be a strict and serious one. In actual fact, I have simple and basic border lines for my players. When it is time for training or competition, my players should have the utmost respect and discipline for me. But when it is out of those mentioned situations, they can treat me as a friend or as an older brother of theirs.
The sixth one, which is actually my past, I was a teacher in a private secondary high school. I was indeed very young when I started out, so young that I was only 1 or 2 years older than those doing their last year in that school when I started out. So, when it is time for classes during school hours, I take up my role as their teacher, and they do their part as my students. But when it is after school hours, when possible, we have activities together as friends. It was easier to mix around with students compare to mingling into the staffs and other teachers which most are not of my generation.
The ever last identity I can think of now, would be when I am with a girlfriend or with a girl I like and have feelings for. I think only those girls in the past that has been with me will only get to see and experience this part of me. All I can say is, I think I am really totally different when it is with a girl that I am into( I am going out with one now^^, hopefully I will be able to convince her in being my gf!). Well, when I am alone with that special somebody, basically I just try and be myself and be nice and try in my every way to show her I am sincere towards her and I am not fooling around. Should I disclose which girl it is? Haha…I guess that’s for me n her to know, and for you to find out.
By the end of the day, it is up to us to portray different identities and manage them accordingly. In my opinion, the more identities you have, the better one’s social skill is.

P/S : maybe there will be a part 3 of my identity….to be continued…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment