Sunday, March 1

Identity Management (Part 1)

This is an interesting topic for me. I believe that each has at least two different identities. In general, it is the self you present when you are with your family and the self you present when you are with your friends. The wider range of friends or social circles you have, the more identities you tend to portray.
Well, it is not good to mention how others are, so it is best for me to mention this part about myself.
The first and most basic of course, is my identity as an eldest son to my parents and as an elder brother to my siblings. There isn’t much to brief on this part as most in general have this identity. Another one in common is the social self you present when you are out from the comfort zone of your family. Our society has it’s social rules, and throughout family education and school education, we are taught to go along with the rules. Those that fail in obvious ways, are often apprehended by the social rules for example the criminals or prisoners.
Moving on, the third identity I portray is as a student in college, but to me, it is quite different as I am quite old, and I am mixing around with peers that are younger than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment