Sunday, March 15

Groups

Throughout most stages of our lives in modern day society, it is becoming almost a norm to see people in groups or working in groups. From my tertiary education’s concept, I am already being exposed to working in group for coursework’s or assignments. I totally agree that being in a group, it is a NEED to have and work towards a common goal. Any sidetracks will definitely bring the whole group down.
However, I personally feel that each group that you have joined, will definitely not be the same or similar as previous ones. It can be simply concluded with the fact that there are no 100% similar individuals any where, not even twins.
Of course, haven experienced so many different groups; there are good encounters and bad ones. But either way, the problem needs to be solved when it is popped up. I see myself most of the time as the one resolving any problems or difficulties along the way towards group’s goal. Normally, I prefer to settle things or finalize things. Hence what I always do is be the one that compiles or does the final check before handing over the assignment or an event at hand.
It is most crucial for one to be able to work in group. What I suggest is each individual has their own strengths and weaknesses. It is best to identify them as soon as possible, making it known to others when you are working in a group. It will definitely help when tasks are being distributed. One should also learn to be assertive, daring to speak out one’s thought, but not being aggressive.

Cheers.
P/S : There is no shame in letting others know about your weaknesses in working as a group. The group is only as strong as its weakest link.

No comments:

Post a Comment