Sunday, January 18

My understanding of the importance of human communication through my personal experience

I’ve always pondered on the subject of human communication, and wondered about the need and importance of human communication. Through the facts, I personally think that I’m not much of a communicator myself. There are always situations where it seemed awkward and I just could not find the right words to voice out. For example, there was this one time where I was having a luncheon with a group of girl friends and I was the only MALE participant. The restaurant was a famous high class restaurant which name I am not convenient to mention. During the course of our meal, a baby COCKROACH appeared from the bread basket. It practically shocked all of the girls at the table. Being the only MALE, of course I had to get rid of it. But to my opinion, it was just a small matter and I did not want to make a fuss out of it. But ALL of them insisted that I should complain to the manager in duty. Honestly, the reason I did not want to make a complain was, I did not know how to approach and handle the situation. In the end, perhaps in the manner of my complain was not stern enough, all the manager said was sorry, whilst the girls looked at me with disappointment as they were expecting a discount from the management after complaining about the cockroach. The whole scenario ended with me being embarrassed and feeling awkward towards the incident that has happened.
Realizing what happened, once again I got to know how important it is to have the skills to engage proper communication channels as it is deemed as an important surviving skill in the society. Through taking up this introduction to human communication subject, I hope to improve my understanding and communication skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment